Sunday, September 03, 2006

Bullet Holes To The Heart!

The garage door that provides entry to the back of my home worked perfectly for 25 years, until the fire last June 17th, 2005. My home was damaged and I had to move away for two months.

During the past 18 months the garage door rollers repeatedly were torn off the runners, the garage door rollers disappeared and the cabling that attaches the spring mechanisms to the garage door were repeatedly dislodged. All this despite the fact that my home and the garage door is not being used! It's evidence some one or perhaps several people were breaking in through the garage door which provides access into the entire house.

This afternoon a male friend came by to help me open the garage door. I reinstalled the rollers and retied the cabling to the springs so the door now opens smoothly. I did some laundry while I was working there.

I left around 3:30 pm and went to the YMCA to work out, then back to McDonald's for dinner and to write some more. I came back through the house around 10:30 pm to take a shower and put on fresh clothes.

The first tee shirt I pulled from the dryer had a hole, about bullet size, cut into it right over where my heart would be. This is the second shirt that has been cut this way. It is obviously a fresh cut and not a tear.

The Atlanta Police Department at Zone 2 would not take it seriously because they said there was no evidence of forced entry. I explained there were three police reports on file reporting break ins, thefts and destruction of PC equipment. This has gone on for some time.

Perhaps repairing the garage door, even though it was left locked made entrance to the basement laundry area easier. We will take steps to secure it shortly.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home